D&C 31:3
Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Week 29...Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas...
 
Hey sorry this is so late, we were out earlier playing hockey at the church so we flip flopped the day.  Some people from the ward were playing something called Swedish floor hockey at the church.  A member of the ward went to Sweden on his mission and they used to play this all the time on pday.  So this morning we were invited and since it is a school break, a whole bunch of kids from the ward came.  It was super fun.  It is pretty much like regular hockey.  Also it sounds like you have had a crazy week of weather. 

I am glad you got the package and I am glad you liked it.  I figured you would enjoy it all, especially the photo Christmas card.  Tonight Elder B and I are going to deliver some secret Santa donations (from the ward) to some people in the ward that will help them out with Christmas gifts.  It is amazing what the spirit of Christmas can do to lift the spirit of others.   
  1. So how has the week been?  It has been pretty good, things have been busy.  I just can't believe that it is 2 days until Christmas and I am waiting to Skype with you.  I thought this day would never come.
  2. What are your highs/lows this week?  A high was definitely getting the package from the ward.  I was very excited to get all of the letters from the people in the ward.  For some reason I got sort of emotional as I was reading them.  I loved seeing how much love and support the ward gives to the missionaries and their words of encouragement were very touching.  Tell whoever put them together thank you, I really appreciated it.  Another high was going caroling around to people.  It really was cool seeing the reactions of people and all the nights that we went the weather was nice and warm.  Another high was playing hockey this morning.  A low was that towards the end of the week it started to get hard to have lessons because everybody was starting to go out of town for Christmas. 
  3. What are 5 positive things that happened?  We have been doing a lot of Christmas caroling to people.  We went with the sisters a couple of times and then last night we went with some members.  It’s been really fun.  We went to random houses and we also went to people in the ward.  I went on exchanges again this week.  That was fun because we had a whole bunch of lessons planned and the elder that came with me was somebody in my district when I first got to Camp Hill.  So it was fun to spend the day with him and see him again.  Also, since I am in the choir we performed in the sacrament meeting program yesterday.  
  4. How's the weather?  Was is really that warm yesterday?  Yes it was warm, but unfortunately it was rainy all day so it was not really great. 
  5. What's with the brown curtain behind Elder D in the "helium" choir video? Have you signed your name on it?  I need a picture :)  BTW, I haven't seen any pictures of this apartment.  Those are our curtains that cover the door to our back porch.  I think they are just some old sheets.  No, I have not put my name on it yet. 
  6. How's your health been?  Are you feeling good?  Good, I have not been sick yet since I came out.  I am hoping it stays that way. 
  7. Have you done any things to celebrate Christmas this past week?  Like I said we have been caroling a bunch. 
  8. How are the dinner appts/members coming?  They have been going well.  Things have been hard since everyone is busy with the holidays now. 
  9. What families do you love spending time with?  I enjoy spending time D family.  I also like the W family.  I don't know if I have told you about them at all, but they are a cool family.  She is the primary president.  Also each Sunday Sis. W brings us lunch and leaves it in the fridge at the church. 
  10. How are things with the investigators...TP & Mandy & Lee?  Well, unfortunately we have not been able see them.  They have all been really busy with the holidays.  We saw TP once for just a minute because we went caroling to her last night.  So hopefully things will get going with them here soon.   
  11. What about D?  He is doing well. Fortunately, he is still reading and praying.  He has had some questions so we were able to answer them at our last appointment.  He is progressing slowly, but at least there is progress. 
  12. How is Claude doing?  He is doing well.  We played with him on Wednesday for the first time in a couple of weeks.  He has been busy doing other things. 
  13. How are your pool skills?  Do you play fun games?  They are coming along.  Not many games.  We really just hit the balls in and whoever hits the 8 ball in at the end wins.  He’s in a wheelchair, so it takes some time for us to get him lined up and in place, but we have a good time.
  14. Any Christmas day update/plans?  Not much update, Skype is still on.  I think I may move my time up a little bit, so plan on somewhere between 10 and 11 am for the call.  We (us and the sisters) are still going to the F family for most of the day.  But they don't have enough computers for all of us to use at once so we are going to the  S family because they offered a while back for us to use their stuff if  needed.  They are an awesome family and he is in the stake presidency.  So we will pretty much be hanging out at whoever invites us over for the day.  Right now I think the plan is to go to the F family for breakfast and then the sisters will stay and use their computers and we will go to the S family and use their stuff.  We will stay with them for a bit and then do some visits and go back to the F family’s house for Christmas dinner.
  15. What are you doing for Christmas Eve?  We are going to the D family with the sisters like we did for Thanksgiving.  They’re a great family.
  16. Can we do anything for you?  Just make sure you have your beautiful face at the computer on Wednesday.  I am sure you will because I think you are as excited as I am. 
  17. Do you usually have enough money on your church debit card or do you run out before the month is over?  Usually I do pretty good and I can make it to the end of each month.  I range from about $5 to $20 left at the end of each month.  I just have to budget and make sure I am spending wisely and it all works out. 
Well I hope you are doing well and I can't wait to talk on Wednesday.  So I guess I’ll see you on Wednesday. 

Love you,
Elder Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment