March 17, 2014
1. How's your week been? What are the highs/lows? Well this week was pretty good. It was another week of hitting the
pavement and trying to continue to find people to teach. We had another
adventure singing in the park. The weather was quite nice at the
beginning of the week so it was nice to be out in the park. We had a good
amount of member involvement in the investigator lessons that we had. We
were able to make some progress with Lee. We had a lesson with him on Saturday.
Unfortunately TP was not able to make it to
church yesterday. It does not surprise me because her track record is no bueno.
She seems to be doing really well but unfortunately we can’t get her to
church. So this week had its ups and downs but overall it was a pretty
good week.
2. Have you seen any signs of spring? Well it was
like 65 on Tuesday and the bulbs are starting to come out and buds are on the
trees, however, right now there is a dusting of snow on the ground.
We had a little storm come through last night/this morning.
3. What are 5 positive things this week? 1) Someone fed
us some good chicken enchiladas like the recipe you make :) 2) We continue building a relationship
with the ward and continue to visit and talk with the members. 3)The weather at the beginning of the week was
pretty sweet. 4) We got a LA (less
active) youth to mutual this past week. 5) I was able to run twice this week.
4. Did Elder B speak in sacrament meeting last week with you or was it just
you? Were you a fill in at last minute or were they planning for the
missionaries to speak? No, it was just me. They
asked me because I have been in the ward the longest. So I was solo on the
speaking assignment.
5. Brian Bodily wants to know if you've ever heard of white wash/pink washing
an area. He said in Ambrie's mission they call it a pink wash if sisters
move into an elders' area and white wash if elders move into a sisters'
area. Just wondering if mission lingo is the same everywhere. Yes that is a term used here. It also is called doubling into an
area. Hopefully I never cross that road, but whatever if I do. It
will be an adventure.
6. Anything new going on? Not really. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we do splits with
the HP and Elders in the ward.
7. Have you broken the news to Claude yet? What about the new service
opportunity at the senior center? What are you doing there? We did not really tell him. We saw him on Wednesday when we were
doing our new service there. Basically we just help push people around to
their different activities. Claude was there and involved with that so we
got to see him and sit next to him.
1. How are things with the investigators? Things are
going pretty good. At least we have investigators so I'm not
complaining.
2. J (French guy) ? Well we had a good lesson with him yesterday. We finished teaching him the Restoration.
His biggest hang up is why has he never heard of Joseph Smith before and why
don't other religions talk about him. We are hopefully going back next Sunday depending
on his work schedule. Things are going well with him.
3. G ? Well he
cancelled his lesson last week. I don't really how things are going with
him because I have not had a lesson with him recently. Elder B and someone from our splits list from
the ward hae visited him recently. Hopefully things will go well next
time we meet with him.
4. TP, Mandy & Lee?
Well they are an ongoing process. We had a good lesson with Lee on Saturday. He really wants to get
baptized and just start over with a clean slate. He has a really rough
past. We continue to pray that we can go somewhere with him and help him
start over. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling with TP as well. She didn’t show up to church
yesterday even though she committed to come. She had to work but that is always what
happens so we'll see how things go.
5. 11 year old boy? He is slowly fading, we have
random visits with him but they are not really consistent. Unfortunately we may have to put him on the
back burner.
6. I family? They are doing well. We are really trying to get the kids involved
and trying to help them understand things. They really don't know a whole
lot about the gospel and don't seem to care too much either. So we are just taking baby steps with
them.
7. M (Wisconsin referral)? He is pretty much on the back burner.
8. Anyone new that you’re working with? We met a new
less active lady that we are trying to work with. Her son is the one that
came to the mutual activity this week. It is really hard to meet with her
because she works every day. She has been less active for a while so we
are just trying to see what she knows.
9. How's the street finding going? Good, we
were supposed to have a lesson with a lady that we met last night on her porch
but for some reason that fell through. I’m not sure what happened but it
didn’t happen so we hope to meet with her soon. Her name is M and for some reason she totally reminds me of
M from SLCC.
10. How was your zone conference/training? It is this
Friday, March 21st.
11. When are interviews again? I am not
sure.
12. Did you see Elder J at zone training? It is Friday
so I will see him then.
13.
Anything new? Speaking of buds on the trees you will soon have some chocolate Wilbur buds
coming your way. I felt the need for some chocolate so I bought some for
you and me.
14. Anything that will make me laugh? So we got a
new RS president yesterday, she was in the RS presidency before. The
kicker is her husband is the EQ president. I guess they broke the
unwritten rule of putting families into 2 demanding callings.
16. Is there anything you need? I was thinking next time you send a package I would love to listen to the
Paul Cardall piano Hymns CD.
Well I miss all of you and hope you all had a
wonderful week.
Love you,
Elder Muir
No comments:
Post a Comment