It sounds like you had quite the
adventuresome week. Derek seemed to learn a lot a valuable life
lessons. That kid still needs to write me…I am waiting. Maybe some
consequences in his near future should be given if he does not write me soon.
He doesn’t
seem to want you to tell me about his life but he doesn’t want to either…Oh well, onto the questions.
- How did transfers calls go? Well, Elder G is leaving, so I am getting a new companion. We will drive to Pitt tomorrow and I pick up my new companion there. We also are taking the Brookville sisters down too. I’m sure you are most excited about me driving through Pitt and the surrounding area and the drive for 2 hours down & back to St. Marys. We’ll both be glad you’re not in the car with me J
- How was your week? What were the highs/lows? Sacrament meeting was awesome yesterday. It was all about enduring to the end and enduring through all of the trials that life throws at you. Sis. K (lady that made my quilt) gave an awesome talk based from Pres. Monson’s talk "I Will Not Forsake Thee”.https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/i-will-not-fail-thee-nor-forsake-thee?lang=eng She talked about how life is full of trials and that is how we learn and grow. She gave a bunch of examples of the different types of trials we encounter. 1) Trials of life that come to everyone…just part of life 2) Trials you inflict on yourself…meaning the dumb things that cause problems in your life 3) Trials others inflict on us…those trials that other people cause that you can’t control. It was really good how she tied it all together. This morning I decided to reread Pres. Monson’s talk and that was awesome. I liked how he stressed that the gospel of Jesus Christ is what can help us endure our trials. I encourage you to read it again, it is awesome. Well I am bummed Elder G is leaving, but I am excited for my new adventures with my new companion. Unfortunately, it was really humid at the beginning of last week, but now it is semi nice. Also, the thunderstorms at night this past week were pretty cool. The lightning was so bright that on the camera it looks like the middle of the day. Oh yeah, and we got to burn a whole bunch of our old records at our branch mission leader’s house. That was pretty fun J We also were able to meet a less active lady that moved in from the Brookville ward. She is super awesome and hopefully we can go somewhere with her. We are eating with them on Thursday this week.
- What were 5 positive things from the week? 1) We might have a new investigator that moved in with one of the less active families we are working with. 2) We finally found S.
- How's the weather been? We had a few thunderstorms when we have gone to bed that had lots of lightning. It was really cool. Unfortunately, it has been starting to get pretty humid. I feel like I have just gotten out the shower when I walk outside sometimes. Sounds like your weather has been more exciting than here. That is crazy about the amount of rain you said we’ve have had.
- How's your meal schedule? We are lucky if we get 1 maybe 2 a week. That is a goal that I have for this transfer, I would like to get the members more involved and get more appointments. That is the easiest and best way to get in and meet members and get to know them.
- How are things with T? He is doing well and we saw him on Thursday. He is kind of stuck in his house right now because of his ankle so he can't really go anywhere. So hopefully it will get better soon so he can start coming to church. We are starting to run out of options to get him to progress. So we will see what happens. Hopefully my new companion will have some new insights to continue moving forward with him.
- Any new investigators? Hopefully we have a new lady, like I said above, one of the less actives had someone move in with them that seems interested so hopefully we can get her started in our teaching pool.
- Who have you been meeting with this week? We have been meeting with T and we finally found S. So we talked with her and her sister and we are going to start teaching both of them this week. We spent a lot of time finding LA's that we knew nothing about. So hopefully we can continue building on the people that we are slowly starting to meet and find.
- Any funny stories? Well, supposedly last week there was a tornado warning that came through the area south of us. It was the day before ZC and we were down that way and we drove right through all of the crazy rain that came through. We had no idea there was a tornado warning until we were talking to our branch mission leader the other day.
- How will the transition take place with the new mission president? What do you know or is it just business as usual? President Johnson gets here Friday and President Topham will pick them up at the airport. They will spend a few hours together and then it is, “here are the keys…good luck and syonara”. It is a baptism by fire or like being thrown off the deep end of a cliff pretty much. Also, I got the info on President Topham’s homecoming it is in the Fruit Heights 9th Ward at 9:00 a.m. on June 29th.
- Do you need anything? Well somehow I lost my oil vile so if
you could get me a new one that would be great. The chain broke on
it so I zip tied it to my backpack and it somehow fell off. Also in
the top of my locker in the cupboard above it I have a book of talks with
a purple cover that I got from institute. Also if you can find the
Paul Cardall Primary hymn CD that has I
Love to See the Temple on it.
Well there is my week and now onto the new adventures with my new
companion. I will write you a letter once I pick him up and let you all about him. Also you will be getting a letter later this week that
you will probably get a good laugh out of.
Love you
all!!!
Elder Muir
Elder Muir
No comments:
Post a Comment