D&C 31:3
Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week 80...Transfer #14

December 15, 2014




Wow, I can't believe it is the end of the transfer and I’m leaving the trio and getting a new companion.  Transfer times are starting to decrease and it’s hard to think that I only have 3 transfers left after this transfer.  The sisters I came out with go home in 2 days. Also the elder from Steve and Merri’s ward comes out this transfer.  It’s crazy to think that Boris is getting ready for all of this and the bishop is opening his mission papers this week. I can’t believe he is 18 today.  Where does time go???  


    1. How was your week, what were your highs/lows?  This week has been a pretty good week.  The low would be losing all the elders and sisters that are going home.  Mostly because all of the sisters that I came out with are going home and that is weird to think. I came out with some pretty awesome sisters and also it is going to be weird not having any sisters that have been out longer than I have.  The highs are that we had a lot of good lessons with people.  Unfortunately, most were in the Bellefonte area so it did not benefit my area at all, but whatever.  We even picked up a new investigator in Bellefonte.  However, we are not sure how accountable she is.  Sometimes she’s kind of crazy.  Well another high was our ward Christmas party. We had tons of people there and they even ran out of food before everyone got through the line. That’s a good thing because we got lots of people there.  There was only ham and dessert left by the time I got to the food, but it’s fine. The whole night was fantastic.  Another fun little thing was last night they had Christmas music show at the church. Also, another high was on Friday when we covered the campus of Penn State handing out He is the Gift cards. We teamed up with the university sisters and went to Forums. Basically, the university sisters can only proselyte on campus on Fridays and they call it forums. We haven’t had any response back yet, but at least we got tons of cards handed out.  Hopefully people will take some time over the holidays to watch the video and share it with their families.


    2. What do you know about transfers?  So I am going back to my apartment in State College and I’m getting a new companion.  But I am not going to Pitt to pick him up. I will just hook up with him when he makes it up to State College.  That’s about all that I know at the moment.


    3. Where did you watch the Christmas devotional last week?  At a member’s house from the Bellefonte ward.


    4. How’s the trio going?  Is either Elder J or Elder R being transferred?  No, I am the only one leaving and I am going back to my own ward.  


    5. Did you get my letter/envelope?  What about a pckg. from gma Karen?  Yes




    1. How are things with your investigators going?


        1. YL and family ?  Well we had a lesson with her husband on Wednesday.  It went well and we took a guy from the ward that can speak Chinese. He talked and translated for YL’s husband which was very helpful.  They are not interested in getting baptized right now,  but they still want to learn how they can improve their lives.  So basically we are just seed planting right now.  


        2. L & M ?  They have been super busy.  We are going to try and see them this week.  However, they both came to the ward party on Friday.  


        3. How are things going with #sharethegift?  Things are going well.  We haven’t really seen any results yet but hopefully down the road people will watch the video and discover the website and then we should get referrals.


        4. Any new leads?  No 


    2. Do you know what your plans for Christmas are yet?  Yes, but I have not confirmed with the people yet so I’m not sure on the details yet.  I will talk to them ASAP and let you know what is going on.  




    1. What’s your favorite thing about the Christmas season in the mission field?  It’s great to be able to focus on the true meaning of Christmas and the gift that the Savior is to each one of us. I like not having to deal with all of the commercialization 


    2.  


    1. What are 5 positive things from this week?  1) I am going back to State College. 2) We picked up a new investigator for Bellefonte.  3) All of our lessons were member present lessons.  


    2. How are you doing? I am doing great! I am glad I am able to go back to State College.  


    3. Anything you need? Do you have the other SD card because I only have one right now. I am going to send the one home that I have right now.  



    Well there is the week and the countdown is on…10 more days until our Christmas Skype.  As soon as I find out the info about the time I will let you know ASAP. Hope you all have a great week.

    Love you, Elder Muir

    No comments:

    Post a Comment