February 2, 2015
Elder C & Elder Muir at interviews with Pres. Johnson
State College district at interviews
Elder Muir's State College apartment
The Elders' study area and Elder C didn't want a photo
No one celebrates groundhog day like the Pennsylvanians in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Well, it’s been another good week for the record
books. The handlers of Pennsylvania's
most famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, said the furry rodent has forecast
six more weeks of winter. As you now the weather has been quite crazy. However, today is not too
bad. The forecast for this morning was supposed to be a messy, slushy &
icy commute, but we woke up to nothing and some blue sky out there. Most
of the storm came in yesterday afternoon and evening. Of course, the
schools are all closed and the public library is closed until noon again…so
here we are up at the campus library. We have our shopping done and we are
going to the church after we’re done emailing. The Bellefonte elders came
and picked us up for shopping today because it takes forever with the bus.
I’m surprised that you didn’t have a lot
of questions in this email.
1. How was your week? What were the highs &
lows? This week has been a pretty good. The
biggest highs were Tuesday night and yesterday. First off, Tuesday was
awesome!!! We were able to go out with
all the ward missionaries and the bishopric and went on splits with
everyone. I hooked up with the bishop and unfortunately we struck out with
the people that we stopped to visit.
However, all of the other people had good visits and we even got one of
the less actives to come to church yesterday. So we are making progress
with the less actives. Unfortunately, we were not able to have any
lessons this week which I was kind of bummed about. We had appointments
set up, but the people cancelled on us. Also, I slightly had a meltdown
on Friday due to the fact that we have no investigators right now and things
are kind of at a standstill. I was kind of frustrated about that, but I am
seeing some light at the end of the tunnel and I just need to be patient and
wait and hope it all works out.
2. Did you survive the cold this past week? How much snow
this time? Yes, I survived the snow and
cold. Really it was not too cold, it pretty much just snowed. The
only time it was really cold was when the wind would blow. It was not
snowing last time I looked outside. I thought today was supposed to be
another bad day, but not a stitch of snow today so far. It all came yesterday. On the ground we
probably have a least a foot. If you look on the mission blog you will
see some pictures from interviews and you can see some of the snow banks from
the plows.
3. What are 5 positive things from the week? 1) I survived the snow. 2) I have almost gone through a whole gallon of
milk in one week making smoothies. Normally I buy a 1/2 gallon and usually
I am desperately trying to get that used before it expires, but this week I
have used an entire gallon. 3) We had a dinner appointment every night
this week.
4. How are things going this transfer? Things are going well. Bellefonte has a new missionary and the other
set of missionaries in the district are now in a trio for some reason. The
university branch has 2 new sisters. I know one of them, she was in
Lititz when I was there. But she goes home in March so she will only be
here one transfer.
a. Members? Things are going well with them. We
continue to build trust with them and get to know them better. They are
all great and want to help us anyway they can.
b. Meals? Any good
stories? I don't really have any good stories from
dinners, but like I said we had a meal appointment every day this week.
c. Elder C? Things are going well with the 2 of us.
5. How are things going with the ward mission plan& your
teaching?
a. Any new teaching
opportunities? No, not yet but things are
slowly starting to unfold and we have things moving in the right direction for our good (at
least with less actives). For example, the ward missionaries, the
bishopric and we went out to visit different less actives. One of the groups got in with a less active
lady and she ended up coming to church because somebody that visited her gave
her a ride. So hopefully we can start teaching her, but we are still
working on trying to find new investigators.
b. Any service opportunities? No, not really. There may be some people moving out so we may be able
to help with that in the future.
c. Less actives? Like I said, things are slowly building and hopefully things are going to
pan out. We just need to follow up now
and try and get appointments set.
6. Can we do anything for you? Watch for a Valentine Day
package soon? Any requests? You should
send some Chex mix please. Currently, I think I am doing good. But
if I think of anything I will let you know.
7. Are you happy? Yes, sometimes
I just wish it would stop snowing and be summer already. Because like you
said, it looks like we are in for a long few months of winter. Other
than that, I am happy.
Sorry it so short and sort of a boring week. I can't believe that
this week is my 20 month mark. Only 2 more transfers after this and I
will be home.
Love,
Elder Muir




No comments:
Post a Comment