D&C 31:3
Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Birthday Report via Snail Mail

Snail Mail letter from Elder Muir that answered more of the questions that he left out on the last email questions

Monday, August 19, 2013

Hey!

            So here is the snail mail info of what I couldn’t finish in my last email.  My deleted email was much better, but here’s what I remember and what I have time to write.  In regards to your question…”what is the missionary birthday bash”, it’s not going to be much of a bday bash I just thought it sounded kind of catchy.  I will send info and pictures after my bday tomorrow.  I got your bday package on Saturday and I ended up opening most of it Saturday night…you said you didn’t care when I opened it.  THANK YOU J…I liked everything and the poster too.  I will take a picture with the sign and my gifts and send it to you. 

            Things are going well with our investigators.  We had a lesson with Frank & Sally (names have been changed, but they are the boyfriend/girlfriend investigators) on Sunday.  We taught them about the word of wisdom and tithing.  They are really starting to progress.  This week, if the can quit smoking, we are hopefully going to teach them a program.

            Here’s an explanation on how exchanges work.  Because Elder J is the district leader, he goes on exchanges once a transfer with the Elders.  This time he went to the other Elders’ area and I stayed in Camp Hill.  So that left me in Camp Hill to run our area with the other Elder, basically I was in charge of our area.  Unfortunately, as I said, a lot of our plans fell through, but we were still able to make the day productive so it was good. 

            Our Thursday zone teaching was AWESOME!  We discussed Jacob 5 and 1 Nephi 3, those are awesome chapters.  Look over them again during your scripture study.  Zone teaching is every month and is different than zone conference.  Zone conference is usually every couple of months and usually president does not come zone teaching; however, he felt like coming to this one so he did.  We didn’t have interviews with him, interviews are every couple of months as well.

            We were able to do a lot of service this week.  We helped the T family's son with his eagle project and we were able to help with yard work for a lady in the ward that has health problems.  We also helped one of the sisters’ investigators split logs to build a fence in his yard.  We used wedges and a sledge hammer to split the logs.  His house is part of an old sheep farm and the house was built in the late 1800’s.  It was up in the hills and it was way cool.  It reminded me of driving up one of the canyons at home.  He had a fire going and the smoke smelled so good.  I wished I would have had my camera.  I will take it if I go up again. 

            You asked about what member families that I’ve really clicked with.  Well, as you know, I really enjoy the T & F families.  I like them because they really try hard to take care of us and they are super laid back.  Also, Sister B is really nice and laid back too.  She is a ward member, but her husband is not a member.  Another family I like spending time with is the M family. They are a less active family, but they are super nice.  The dad is from Africa and then he moved to America.  Their kids are way into soccer.  At least one of them usually has a game on Sunday.  The boys received the priesthood a few weeks ago and that was cool.

            Well, I hope that made sense and answered some of your questions.  I will keep you posted and take some pictures of my bday and then send the camera SD card home.  Again, thanks for the bday stuff, I liked all of it.  Well, I love you and miss you.

Elder Muir
xoxoxo

 

Birthday Report via Snail Mail from Elder Muir

 August 22, 2013

Hi…

            So here is the low down on my birthday.  It was not very exciting, just a normal day.  It didn’t feel like my birthday, but that’s what I expected.  Monday night I got mail/packages from both grandparents and some cards from Mel, Jen, Kim & Lori.  Everyone was so nice to load me up with gift cards…Chick FilA, Subway, Red Robin & Texas Roadhouse.  Thank You!!! 

            Which leads me to our failed Texas Roadhouse attempt.  We tried to go to Texas Roadhouse as a district after our district meeting, but unfortunately it doesn’t open until 4 pm.  We were all quite bummed.  So we went to Panda Express instead.  Gma Karen sent a pan of mint pan cookies & pumpkin bread and a cool Steelers cup and gift cards.  Gma Bonnie sent another puzzle, CD and a cool BOM brain boggler book.  I also made the cake and we ate some after we came in for the night. 

            I sent my SD camera card home and most of the pics are pretty self-explanatory.  The picture of the the plane is AirForce 1, but unfortunately it’s not a great picture.  I sent a picture of the brand of potatoes that I found, you should try them.  They are cheap, easy and good.  Lastly, I threw in a picture of my folded laundry to show you that all of your hard work teaching me how to do laundry didn’t fall on deaf ears.  I loved the BYU stuff and sent a picture of the card and wrapping paper that it came with.  Love you and miss you!!!  Tell everyone thanks again for the birthday wishes and gifts, it was a great birthday.

Elder Muir
xoxoxo
 
 
Elder Muir looking off into the sunset from a Country Club in Camp Hill
 
 
 Elder Muir & the rest of his district
 
 
 Here's where he hits the hay
 
 
Elder J, Sister A, and Elder Muir (before the last transfer)
Sister A is the missionary that went home for migraines :(

 
The puzzle that the elders started...
 
 
and finished
 
 
Elder Muir's laundry skills he wanted me to see :)))))
 
 
Evidently these are the potatoes we should all try
 
 
 What the sole of brand new shoes will look like after 2 months of walking everyday :(
 
 
Birthday greeting from the BYU bookstore package :)
 
 
The church that the elders attend
 
 
Birthday packages
 
 
Elder Muir's replacement for gum
 
 
Red velvet birthday cake batter waiting to be baked (I thought it was a large petri dish or jello)
 
 
 Birthday display
 
 
Happy Birthday Elder...hope it was great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment