Hi Family & Friends…
Sorry I may not get to include everything in this email. I will
include all the missing info in a snail mail because as luck would have it, I
accidentally erased my first email. I
was almost done answering the questions and then I was trying to fix something
and accidentally deleted it all. So I will write as much as a can in this
email and then finish in my letter at the church. I am quite bummed to
because my first email had a lot of good content and I really
thought it out and had spent quite a bit of time writing it. Of course
that is always what happens when you are on a time limit and you have something
really really good to say. But now I only have about 30 min.
to finish all that I need to do…sorry!
- What were the highs/lows
of last week? My first high was
that we had zone teaching on Thursday and we talked about 1 Nephi 3 and
Jacob. President talked about how you need to have faith and not
give up on things when they are hard. For example, Nephi never gave
up on getting the plates from Laban. Also, verse 7 (scripture
mastery) really stuck out to me because it reminded me that Heavenly Father
always provides a way for you to get things done and accomplish your tasks.
It may not come in the answer you want, but I’m sure Nephi probably
did not want to kill Laban, however, he knew the Lord had provided a way
for him to get the plates. Also, another high was that I went on
exchanges Wednesday and I got to run the area. Unfortunately, my low
was that everything we had planned fell through but we still found things
to do. Also, Saturday the same thing happened and all of our things
were falling through, but we just kept staying positive. We decided
to say a prayer and figure out what to do and right as we opened our eyes
a member from the ward picked us up and took us to a part of our area that
would have taken over an hour to walk to.
So I know Heavenly Father hears our prayers.
- What are your 5 positive
things? We gave out 2 BOM
and we maybe have a new investigator.
- How are things going with
the investigators?
- Were you able to get any
of them to church? No, we had rides
all planned out and on Sunday they called and said they had to take their
son to the doctor because they thought he had pink eye.
- Did you perform any
service this week? Yes, lots but I
will write about it in snail mail
- What was the meal
schedule like this week? We have about 3
scheduled, but unfortunately I have to make my own birthday dinner.
- What members have you
really clicked with? In snail mail
- What family do you really
enjoy spending time with? In snail mail
- What or who has been the
most influential/helpful in the mission field?
Study time and having a positive attitude.
- Anything that you've
tried or seen since you've been in the mission field that is new to you? In snail mail
- Did you get my packages? Yes, I got your packages, thank you! I will write more in snail mail. I
really like the shirt, it may be the best shirt they have done so far. I need to remember to be LOYAL, STRONG
& TRUE. I will send my SD card with the snail mail and you'll
get pictures of the missionary birthday bash.
- Did you ever get the quarters
I sent for laundry? Yes Do you need more? No
- Does Elder J get a lot of
mail/support from his family? I think
he gets mostly email and he gets occasional mail.
- Do you get more or less
mail than the average missionary?
Not sure because I don’t see it a lot but I think most just stick with
email, but I like your snail mail.
- What is the price of gas
per gallon in Camp Hill? $3.55
- Who pays for the gas for
the cars? Does it come out of your $135 a month or do you have a gas card
or something? I know you don't drive right now, but how does that work? No, it is just a gas card and the mission
office keeps track.
- Have you had any
spiritual experiences that you would like to share? Well I was reading in "Our Herritage" this morning about the Nauvoo temple
and the endowment being revealed and how as they were being driven
out people were frantically trying to get all of their temple work
done. With that many people trying to do ordinances it meant the
temple was open 24/7. The spiritual part about it was the reason why
they were staying behind to do their temple work. They knew the trek west might
be the last time they would see their family but they knew with the
wonderful eternal ordinances of the temple that families are forever and
they would be able to see them again and they didn’t want to leave without
that blessing. Our Heritage says, “Why would these Saints
work so hard to complete a building they would soon leave behind? Almost 6,000 Latter-day Saints received
their endowments before leaving Nauvoo. As they turned their eyes toward
their western migration, they were bolstered in faith and secure in the
knowledge that their families were eternally sealed together. Tear-stained
faces, ready to move on after burying a child or spouse on America’s vast
prairie, were resolute largely because of the assurances contained in the ordinances
they had received in the temple.” That really meant a lot to me…it meant so
much to them and in turn, it means so much to me to be sealed to you and
to have received my own endowment and also one day be sealed to my
wife.
- Btw, why did you ask if I
taught RS on 8/11? You said you shared
comments on Elder Holland’s talk so I thought maybe you taught.
- When is your next zone
conference? In October I
think
- What day do you have your
district mtg? Wednesday Is
it every week? Yes
- How do like the new
sisters and zone leader? In snail mail
I will include more about everything in the snail mail. Like I said, I just did not have enough time. I had it explained much better in the original email that erased. Here are a couple of pictures. I will send the rest of the stuff after tomorrow with all of the birthday stuff. Also, I figured that your BYU package might be the shirt, that is one of the pictures I am emailing right now (I’m wearing it at the church as I write this).
Love you,
Elder Muir
xoxoxo
One of the best posts. Love it. Love him. So sweet.
ReplyDelete