Hello Sis. Muir,
My name is Sis. B and I am writing just to let you know what a wonderful son and missionary you have sent out to serve here in Pennsylvania.
As you know, he came into his first assignment here in Pennsylvania and we had the pleasure of coming to know and love him over the 18 weeks he was here. During that time, we watched him blossom from a rather timid, unsure newbie into a confident, capable young man ready and prepared to share his love of the gospel and for our Savior. He was a shining example to those in the ward and to investigators seeking the truth.
One of the things I most loved about Zach was his honesty and straightforwardness. Some elders would tend to be timid when at the dinner table, afraid to express a hunger or preference, or even to engage in conversation. Once Zach overcame his initial shyness, he was right there in the front and center unafraid to speak his mind, express an opinion and to ask for what he wanted. I loved that about him, told him that often and laughed many times with him about it. He has such a sweet, gentle spirit and that is beautifully demonstrated when he speaks about the gospel and his love for our Heavenly Father.
I just want you to know what a wonderful example of Christ-like love his is
being for others here in the mission field. Surely, you have raised a
kind, thoughtful, gentle young man who was ready and prepared to assume the
mantle of missionary and to honor that calling.
My husband and I had him here for dinner appointments often during his first twelve weeks. We greatly enjoyed having him in our home and felt like he was a long, lost son who would come over for dinner on occasion. He was always welcome, and his company welcomed here.
He will be greatly missed here in Camp Hill. I just wanted to say thank you for sending such a wonderful man out to serve no only my family, but the many here in the area who are still wandering without the truth. I know that as he progresses through his mission and grows in understanding and love, he will be an amazing missionary. Even more, I know he will be a most wonderful young man to come home to you and those he misses and loves.
Best wishes, Sis. B
No comments:
Post a Comment