Well, your package finally
arrived on Monday (last pday) and must have come while we were out. It was waiting on the doorstep when we
arrived home. You weren’t kidding about
it being a huge box. Everything survived
and the Granny Bread is not moldy J Thanks
for everything in it!!! The boots look
fab and they look like they should work.
Also, thanks for the new PMG book.
All is well here and everything will be put to good use.
I’ll preface this by saying, boy
this has been an interesting week. I
am beginning to learn that people are sometimes difficult
to deal with when it comes to church assignments and callings in a ward. I’m definitely learning humility and patience
as we work with people in the ward. It’s difficult when everyone doesn’t agree on
the same thing and everyone’s not on the same page. I'm sure that everyone deals with this to some extent. We are trying to do our best and do our duties to the best of our ability.
1. What are the highs/lows for the week? Oh boy has this been an interesting week. 1) Highs were having interviews with President.
2) Also, I was glad to finally see your package
because I was getting a bit worried about it this time last week. The
videos you sent on the SD card were pretty sweet too. 3) We also did pretty good on our less active
lessons this week. We went over our goal that we had set. 4) A low happened in our coordination meeting
with our ward mission leader. We have been trying to plan a youth activity and everyone is not on the same page with ideas.
2. What are 5 positive things that happened? 1) We had a
less active guy show up at church yesterday. He had not been to church in
10 years and he was on our do not contact
list. He basically showed up on his own free will, so that was
good. 2) Also I ate taco salad at a member’s home this week. 3) I
am almost done with Alma in the BOM. 4) I finished the book Our Heritage and it was pretty
good.
3. Did you get Aunt Merri's pckg, gpa Lewy's letter, Sis. Beuhner's
letter? Yes to all of them and THANK YOU!!! I got Aunt Merri's & Spencer’s stuff a
couple of days after I got here. I got grandpa's on Friday and I got the
Buehner’s on Saturday. That was so nice of each of them. I’m so blessed to have so much support from
home, thanks again to everyone.
6. Were you ever able to see the video on the SD card? Yes, I ended up watching it on the computer. I think our cameras are
2 different formats so it won't read on my camera but it will on the
computer. It was quite the adventure going on a grand tour of the
house. It was great to see and hear you. Megan's room turned out
good. I can't wait to see whatever surprise that you said you had in store for me.
8. How's the weather been this week? It has been
up and down, right now it is pretty nice. Yesterday it rained and was
overcast all day. It really has not gotten cold yet.
10. Have you been playing pool with your senior friend? What's his
name and what's his story? His name is C and I'm not
really sure what his story is. I know he has a couple of kids, but I don't
know much about them. I know he has one son that lives in Virginia and he
comes to visit him occasionally. Really he is just a lonely old man in an
assisted living center and we enjoy visiting him.
11. What happened with the service in Manheim that a ward member was
setting up? Well we started it on Friday
and hopefully it will be a permanent thing. What did you do? This week we raked some leaves up in a park,
but I think it is going to be different every week.
12. Any good mealtime stories? Well, one
family fed us taco salad last week and I ate it...that's progress for me:) It was good but I am not
really a big fan of lettuce.
13. Have you met any new members/families that you enjoy? Yes, there are a few more families that I’ve met. The H Family is where I ate the taco salad
at. They are a cool family with 3 sons.
One son is out at UVU right now and he’s thinking about going on a
mission. They also have one son who is a priest and one who is a
deacon. She is in the primary presidency and they are a super nice
family.
14. Any new investigators? No
15. Any contact with your investigators that dropped you?
No, right now according to their friends in the ward we just need to let
them be. But the friends are still trying to keep a relationship with
them and will maybe invite them to some Christmas stuff.
16. What kind of national restaurants/stores are in your area that you
can go to? Target is a store that’s obviously
nearby. I'm not really sure what is around restaurant wise, I will have
to look and keep you posted.
22. Are you enjoying Lititz? Yes, but it definitely
comes with its own set of challenges and struggles.
23. How are the driving skills coming on the narrow
windy roads? They’re coming along but I’m definitely not looking forward
to driving on them in the snow. They are not really fun to drive on in
the dark because there are no street lights and it’s very dark.
24. Anything we can do/pray for? Please pray
that we can find people to teach and be diligent. Also, that we can get our youth activity planned and we can all come to an agreement that everyone is happy with :)
25. Anything on your Christmas list? Maybe some
Christmas CD's. I would like the David Archuleta MoTab CD and maybe some other
MoTab Christmas stuff. Also maybe a Christmas tie and I was thinking maybe
you could send me an orange tie. We can watch 17 Miracles so that might be an idea. Also, if possible could you
send the CDs before Christmas because I want to listen to them during the month
of December rather than for a few days before Christmas.
Sorry, some of this is so scattered. I was running out of time to do all I need to
do, so I will include more in a snail mail.
Love you and miss you J
Elder Muir
No comments:
Post a Comment