D&C 31:3
Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Week 43...Plugging Away in Good Ole' Lititz



March 31, 2014

Well it sounds like you’ve had a good week.  “Oh Boris”, is all that I can say about that boy, he is crazy with his flying obsession J  Are you and dad helping out with TREK once again? (not sure if you told me in a previous email)  That means you have helped with TREK ever since we’ve been in the ward…good times! 

I can't believe we are into April now and I am coming up on my 2nd general conference in the mission field.  10 months is just around the corner next week. 
  1. How was your week?  What are the highs/lows?  It was a pretty good week.  Lots of good things happened. We were finally able to catch up on all the work that we missed last week from Elder B being sick.  We had a decent week for numbers and we were even able to pick up a few new investigators.  It’s always a plus when you can say you got some new investigators.  We were pretty good at getting members at all the lessons that we had so overall it was a pretty good week in the highs department.  Unfortunately, Elder B and I had a few little tiffs but nothing major.  The first was he got upset with me for not having a great back up plan for last Monday night when both of our appointments fell through.  He was mad at me for a bit then it quickly turned into a chance for me to learn from my mistakes and become a better missionary.  Sometimes it’s hard and stressful to try and think of things to do for a Monday night when our plans fall through.  But like I said it was a good learning experience to help me learn and become a better missionary.  Another little thing was he got mad at me when we were on splits the other day.  He was upset that I didn’t go out to Manheim and try to contact a couple of people there.  Instead we went to visit another person that they had just tried.  He sent me a text asking how far out I was and I said we are basically home.  So he was kind of upset with me, but I didn’t fight it.  I am amazed that I have not exploded and lost my temper with anyone yet.  I am really learning how to control my temper better.  Now everything is peachy and we are happy as clams J  It was nothing big, just stupid little things and I’m learning from each of my mistakes.  We had a few media referrals that came in within a couple of days of each other and that usually never happens.  They came about an hour a part to somewhere in the sisters’ area.  Unfortunately, they were bogus referrals and they did not request us, people must have just been playing pranks on them.   
  2. How's the weather?  Did you have heavy rain yesterday/today?  All weekend it was pretty much rainy weather.  It rained most of Saturday and stayed overcast.  Yesterday it pretty much poured all day and we even got some sleet.  It was a wet, soggy weekend. 
  3. What are 5 positive things this week?  1) I bore my testimony in church yesterday since it is most likely my last fast Sunday in the ward.  2) I ate salad again on Friday (I know you are once again jumping for joy).  3) A lady that we had dinner with on Saturday night had her neighbor from across the street over again.  We need him there at dinner since she is a single lady.  It is always nice to have him there and he is a super nice guy. 
  4. Is Elder B feeling better?  Did you manage to stay healthy and miss out on the barf fest?  Yes, I’m healthy and missed out and I am quite happy about it. 
  5. How was dinner with the new family on Friday night?  It was great, they are a nice young couple.  We had a good time and that is where I ate the salad. 
  6. What are your plans for conference this weekend?  We will probably end up going to the W family (Sunday lunch lady)  and the F family (Christmas day family) for some sessions and then maybe to the church.  We are still in the planning stages right now.  There may even be some packing mixed in there as well because of transfers but we won’t find out until Saturday. 
  7. What do you know about transfers?  What's your gut feeling?  Do you want to go?  I know absolutely nothing until this weekend.  I think I’ll be shipping out because this is my 4th transfer her and I’ve been here for almost 6 months.  That’s usually about the time frame that you are kept in an area, but who knows I could be thrown a curve ball and stay on more transfer.  My gut is telling me that I am leaving.  Yes and no on wanting to go.  I will be sad to be leaving such a great ward and awesome people but I am excited to meet new people and get to see another part of Pennsylvania. 
  8. What area would you want to be transferred to?  I think it would be fun to go somewhere towards the Pittsburgh side of the mission.  I have not been that way since I very first came out. 
  9. Did the Von Stettons sound like they want to meet us?  We would love to meet them if they are interested :)  No, I just thought you may end up meeting them for some reason or another.  I'm sure when gma and gpa see them I may get brought up.  So no, I did not mean that they wanted to meet you, I just thought you may end up meeting them if gma and gpa talk with them and see them. 
1.      How are things with the investigators?  Things are going well and it’s finally starting to pick up so that is good.
2.      What happened with the media referral that you had?  Well we had 3 lessons set up with him this week and a couple hours before each one he kept cancelling.  So I am not sure what is going on.  We tried to reschedule and he would just cancel that too.  So one of these days we are just going to stop in and see if we can maybe get a lesson with him. 
3.      J?  He is doing well, we had another lesson with him yesterday and we finished the restoration with him.  I think he is still a little confused about it all but we told him to read the BOM and start praying for things to make sense.  We also invited him to church. 
4.      G?  We have pretty much dropped him for right now. 
5.      Claude and the senior gang?  They are doing well.  This week we helped out with the garden club.  Claude was not there this time, he went to church instead.  Every Wednesday they are doing something for lent.  So we helped a bunch of ladies plant pansies and then we looked through flower and vegetable magazines with them. 
6.      11 year old boy?  He is doing well.  He is hard to meet with consistently, but while Elder B was on splits the other night they were able to finally finish the restoration with him and his little sister.  We’ll see where it goes from there.   
7.      TP, Mandy & Lee?  They are still about the same.  We tried to have a lesson with them Tuesday night but we just missed them.  We even had a scheduled lesson with them but they forgot and were not home.  We are calling them later tonight to see if we can get something set up. 
8.      I Family?  We were not able meet this past week but we are planning on seeing them tonight.  We stopped and talked to them for a bit on Saturday, no lesson, we just talked with them to see how they were doing.   
9.      Any new prospects?  Well we have these people named  M & E that we’ve finally been able to meet with after a couple of weeks of rescheduling.  It was only a quick little visit because he had to go somewhere but we are going back next Sunday. 
10.  Anything new to share with us?  At our lunch appointment yesterday we had shoo fly pie (pie with molasses filling.  The sweet filling odor must attract flies that require a lot of shooing away).  It was interesting, it’s not my favorite thing but I would eat it again if it was offered to me. 
11.  What do like best about Lititz?  I love the Lancaster county farm environment and all of the awesome people in the ward.  What would you miss most if you were transferred?  The things that I just said. 
12.  What do you like best about Elder B?  He really wants me to become a great missionary and he is really trying to help me accomplish that.  He’s a good guy J
13.  Are you happy and healthy?  Yes. 
14.  Can we pray for anything/anyone specifically?  Just that all will go well with whatever happens with transfers and that I will continue to be happy and healthy. 
15.  Is there anything you need?  No

Well there are the answers to the questions this week.  I hope you enjoyed my week.  With transfers coming up if you have decide to send me any mail please send it by Thursday at the latest so it’s sure to get to me.  It’s a pain to try and get things moved around and forwarded.
 
I hope you have a wonderful week and I love you all.

Love,
Elder Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment