D&C 31:3
Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Week 44...Transfer #8, 10 Months in the Mission & General Conference


April 7, 2014

  1. So what about transfers?  Are you staying or going?  What about Elder B?  Well I'm getting the boot.  I found out Saturday while we were on our way to the priesthood session.  And no leadership positions for me either.  I thought maybe I would be called as a DL but no call came yesterday which I am completely OK with.  Elder B thought he may train a new missionary but that did not happen either.  I have to be in Harrisburg tomorrow morning and then I will find out from there where I’m going and who my companion will be.  I feel like I may end up going toward Pitt, but  that’s just what my gut is telling me.  So that is the scoop on transfers.    
  2. What about the rest of your district?  Everybody is staying the same except for me and one other Elder.  We are the only ones getting transferred from our zone.  The other Elder leaving was part of our trio companionship at the beginning of the year. 
  3. What were the highs/lows this week?  The high was definitely conference.  It was an amazing 5 sessions of conference.  I was truly inspired and uplifted.  Another high was while we were at V family’s home for conference their son invited a friend over to watch conference with them.  It was pretty cool, he really liked conference and enjoyed the messages that were given.  His big hang up is why there needs to be a higher being to direct us.  So right now he is kind of no bueno on God.  But we did set up a lesson  for next Sunday and he is willing to learn more.  So hopefully all goes well.  Trying to pack and get all of my stuff together has not been the best.  It is a pain to try and get everything done.  It did not help that conference was this weekend and I was not home much.  Luckily I have most of it packed and I just need to get everything finalized.  Also, another high was last Pday, we played tennis as a district.  A guy from the other ward that shares our building wanted to know if we all wanted to go and play tennis.  We did and it was a blast!  It was nice weather minus the wind. 
  4. How was conference?  Where did you watch conference?  As always conference was awesome!!!  I love hearing the words of the prophets and apostles.  It was very inspiring and uplifting.  ***Men, if you went to priesthood you will know what I am talking about…I thought it was really funny when Pres. Uchtdorf and Monson were touring Air Force I and Pres. Uchtdorf was in the cockpit.  He said almost instinctively he started to put his hand on the throttle and almost immediately he heard Pres. Monson say, "Dieter, don't even think about it".  I think that was his best flight related story so far, loved it.  We watched the Saturday morning session at the church.  For the afternoon session we went up to the  W family’s house and watched it with them.  After conference we ate with them and then he took us to the Priesthood session.  Sunday we watched the morning session at the V family’s home (son had his friend there).  For the afternoon session we went back to the church and ate lunch with the F family  and then watched the last session.  So that’s how it worked. 
  5. What was your favorite talk?  I really liked Elder Holland's talk, The Cost and Blessings of Discipleship.  It hit home with me, serving as a missionary, that we need to be bold and stand up for what we believe and defend our faith.  I loved his examples about the sister missionary being treated unkindly.  I just thought it was awesome.  I thought it was pretty funny when he got to a point where he was speaking very emphatically and  had quite the fire in his thoughts.  He’s a very passionate speaker.  I also liked Bishop Gary Stevens and his Olympics analogy and the importance of our “4 mintues” here on earth.  Elder Rasband gave another good talk on The Joyful Burden of Discipleship.  I also liked Elder Ballard and his talk on Following Up.  I’m knee deep in “following up” right now so it was kind of important to me. 
  6. What things really touched you during conference?  I really liked the music.  For some reason the choir’s version of Let Us All Press On on Sunday morning really touched me, I thought it was amazing.  I really liked the slow tempo about it.  Another thing I thought was very cool was the skeleton girl (Noelle Pikus Pace) and her whole story of going to church after the Olympics.  The coolest thing I thought was her wearing her YW medallion with her silver medal.  I hadn’t heard much about that. 
  7. How's your weather been?  Nice, it is rainy today but it has been pretty mild most of the week. 
  8. Were you able to use the Panera gift card?  Do you like Panera?  Yes, I used it.  I like it since it is sort of like Kneaders.  Were you able to go there when you were in California?  Let me guess…the reason you went was for the BYU bowl game. 
  9. How are things with your investigators/contacts?  Good
  10. M&E?  We had a good lesson with them last night.  I feel like they have good potential and they are really open and willing to learn.  His biggest hang up is prophets and the priesthood.  Hopefully we can get him to understand and feel the spirit. 
  11. 11 year old boy?  He is not really going anywhere, he keeps flaking out on us. 
  12. Claude & the gang?  They are doing well.  It was sad to say goodbye to Claude but  it was definitely fun getting to know him. 
  13. TP, Mandy & Lee?  Well no one is returning phone calls and we got in trouble for just randomly showing up a week or so a go by TP.  So we are just going to wait until they come to us and say they want to start meeting with us. 
  14. J?  With conference we were not able to have a lesson with them, but he is doing well. 
  15. Any new prospects/contacts?  The V family’s friend seems to be a good prospect.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to see what happens, but hopefully all will go well with him. 
  16. Any new info that you haven't told me about?  Big time NEWSFLASH… on   May 22nd Elder Holland is coming to speak to our entire mission.  Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I just said that and I can’t wait.  With his talk he gave on Saturday I feel there  may be a little fire in his words when he comes to speak to us, but I’m so excited. 
  17. Are you happy/OK with the results of the transfers (whatever that may be?)  Yes, it is a bitter sweet moment but I knew it was coming and I'm excited to experience a different part of PA. 
  18. Is there anything we can do for you?  Not that I can think of, just hope all goes well with transfers.  I am sure it will. 

    Well that is my awesome, crazy week and my last email from Lititz…the coolest small town in America.  Conference was awesome!!!  Transfers will be awesome!!! And you are all awesome!!!

Love,
Elder Muir

 March 2014 Zone Conference
 Elder B & Elder Muir celebrating St. Patty's day
 Tennis on Pday
 Tennis with the district
 Elder B & Elder Muir after conference
 Ward mission leader & Elder Muir
 Walking along one day and they ran into this horse & buggy

No comments:

Post a Comment