November 10, 2014
- How was your week? What were your highs/lows? It’s been a pretty good week. We’ve made some progress in our lessons with some of the people that we are teaching so that is success. Our biggest struggle has been finding new investigators. That is something that I am working on for this transfer. Also, we had another investigator at church yesterday. The primary program was yesterday so it was fun to see all of the little kids. We were able to have a lesson with B again so we will see where that goes. I am not sure how much longer he is going to be an investigator though. The lows have been that a majority of our dinner appointments tanked this week which we were both kind of bummed about. The worst part is that we did not buy that much food last Monday because we were expecting 4 dinner appointments this week so that was kind of a bummer. To top it off, I have had a cold all week. I swear I have had more colds on my mission than ever. It seems like every time the season changes I end up sick. On a high note, I think I’m on the tail end of it.
- How is the weather holding up for you? Have you had snow yet? No snow but it is getting cold enough that it could snow. I think we are getting close. It has definitely been colder. The nights are especially cold because it gets dark at 5:30 and we still have 3 hours left of our night. Definitely starting to get cold but at least there is no snow yet.
- Have you made plans for Thanksgiving yet? We are going to the lady’s house that had us over for the greenie dinner. It should be good, we’re excited.
- How are things with your investigators?
- YL? We had another lesson with them on Thursday. They are still making progress but it is still kind of hard with the language barrier. She seems more into it than her husband but I think it is really hard for him to understand us. We committed them to pray about baptism and they said they would. We were hoping that they would be at church yesterday but they didn’t end up coming. Not sure why they didn't come. We just hope that we can see them before they leave for DisneyWorld on Wednesday.
- B? We had a lesson with him on Friday. We took our WML with us and had a decent lesson with him. He still tends to get off topic and things but we did pretty good this lesson to keep him on topic. He is out of town this week so we will see what happens.
- C? She has been really busy with school so she has not had time to meet with us. We have been texting her a little bit.
- W? We dropped her. Basically she told us she did not want to read or pray or even care if there is a God. We had decided previously that if there were no improvements in her progression we would have to drop her.
- New opportunities/leads/people? We have a few media referrals that we received. We have not contacted them but hopefully it will lead somewhere. Also there is a less active guy and his NM wife that we have been teaching on and off. They are just super busy. They were both at church yesterday but only stayed for sacrament meeting. We went over last night with our WML and his wife and we were able to have a little lesson with them. We are planning on going again tomorrow night with WML and his wife (hopefully, she literally could have a baby any second because her due date was yesterday and she has not had it yet). Not sure if they’ll be able to go with us or not.
- Any service opportunities lately? No not really. I wish the ward had more service opportunities, but no such luck.
- Are you still getting fed quite regularly there? The past couple of weeks have been kind of rough. This past week was supposed to be a pretty good line up but several people had to cancel on us so that was kind of disappointing.
- I'm assuming Elder R is still there? How's he holding up? Yes he is still here. He just got an email from his mom and she called the travel department and I guess his VISA has cleared the US and now Taiwan needs to clear it. She said that should be done by the end of the week. But it sounds like church policy is that they send them out at the end of a transfer. However, you never know so we will see what happens. He’s doing good but he still has moments that he wants out of here, but I think having the latest info gives him some sort of time frame.
Another week of adventures. PS…I saw the tree up in State College,
but I had no idea that the lighting celebration was last Friday. I’m glad
we were not downtown. That is just weird having your Christmas
festivities like 6 weeks before Christmas, but whatever. Glad I was not
downtown for it.
Love yinz all!!
Elder Muir
No comments:
Post a Comment