January 12, 2015
School is Back in Session...We
are Penn State!!!
- How was your week? What were the highs & lows? It was a pretty good week. School is back in session and we got Mother Nature's cold shoulder. We’ve finally been able to get some things set up and hopefully will have some lessons this week. One high this week was a dinner appointment with the B family (he spent Christmas with this family). They had all the missionaries over in the State College area which was 10 missionaries. On top of that, they had 2 extra missionaries because the ZLs were up here on exchange. So we had a total of 12 missionaries at their house for dinner and had a good time. Another high was Wednesday after district meeting. For lunch we all went to Olive Garden and we all got the soup & salad with breadsticks deal. You will be so impressed, I had some of the salad and it actually was not a half bad salad with the dressing that they have on it. Also we talked to one of our less actives for a bit on our way home from dinner one night. Hopefully we can see her tomorrow. Probably the biggest low had to be the cold.
- Did you survive the cold? Did you stay in, go out or did members help shuffle you around? Yes, I survived. We spent a lot of time at the library doing area book work and things like that. It gave me a new appreciation for the pioneers and the long 1,000+ mile trek they made during the heart of winter. I was watching Ephraim’s Rescue and as some were in dire circumstance with no food, shoes or shelter I thought how I am pretty lucky to have the bus to transport us and to have a warm apartment and food. I don’t know how they did it. I think that maybe I would have laid on the side of the trail and hoped that I froze to death. I am in awe at the strength and motivation they had to make it to the Salt Lake valley.
- Your New’s Eve sounds like it was quite an adventure. Where’s the Texas Rdhse? How far did you have to walk when you missed the bus? Where were you trying to catch the bus at? Down on Waddle Road for your Google earth reference. We tried to get the bus from the Pattee library on campus and then we tried College and Allen, but we barely missed it there. So we walked from College and Allen (basically the library) to home. So about a 45 min walk.
- I got a new VISA for you in the mail, when does the one that you have expire? It expires at the end of the month.
- How are things with your investigators?
- L & M Still nothing with them, I’m not sure if they are avoiding us or they are really busy. Our WML is trying to invite them over for dinner this week with us.
- Any new leads/prospects? Not right now, but I hope to have some now that school is back in session.
- What are you doing to teach or find people? We are really trying to work with the members on finding. We also are going through old records and checking with people that have been taught in the past to see if they are interested again.
- Any success from the share the gift pass alongs? No, not that I have seen.
- What are 5 positive things from the week? 1) I did not freeze. 2) I had the bus to ride and did not have to walk everywhere. 3) School is back in session and we are starting to have things to do again.
- How are things with the ward members & dinner appts? Now that they are all back in town things are going well and hopefully things will get rolling again.
- What are you studying right now? I am studying the New Testament and reading in Luke about Christ and his many miracles. It’s pretty cool.
- Anything new, newsworthy or funny that you want to share? So apparently there were some people in our ward on Good Morning America the Monday before Christmas because they won a Home for the Holidays contest to go home for Christmas (all paid by GMA). You might be able to find it on the GMA website if you type Welker into the search bar or go back in the history a couple of weeks. So there is a random side note thing. You can see some of the people in our ward.
- Is there anything you need from us? No
- Are you happy & healthy? yes
- How are things with you and Elder C? Things are going well. We still are trying to build unity with one another and getting to know each other. It hard sometimes because we don’t have a lot in common but that doesn't mean much. Overall, we are doing good and enjoying being companions.
Well I hope you all have a great week.
Love,
Elder Muir

No comments:
Post a Comment