I must say that I was disappointed when the coveted email didn't appear in my inbox at the precise time that he told me he would be writing. Patience is a virtue...right???
Elder Muir is not the most verbose writer, but I'm hoping that over the course of 2 years he will appease his mother with more detailed information. For now, I will take what I can get and I'm happy with that and thrilled that he is learning, growing and enjoying his time as a missionary.
Week 4 Question & Answer session...
- What are your plans for
the 4th of July? Not much unless we
end up having dinner at a member's home. If not we will be going to our apartment
and either cleaning, doing the area book, or something boring and not fun.
- You said that you
generally eat dinner at members' homes, what do you do for breakfast &
lunch? Breakfast usually
cereal and then for lunch we either eat out or make things we bought
at the store.
- How are your feet doing,
any better or more blisters? They are getting
better not any new blisters that I can see.
- Where did you watch the
broadcast last Sunday and with whom?
We watched it at our church
building. Just members of the ward came, mostly ward council
people.
- Where do you do your
laundry? Do you have a washer/dryer in your apt? Yes, our apartment has a shared
laundry. Unfortunately, it is a $1.50 each to wash and dry.
Some other apartments have their own washer and dryer and can do it for
free but not us :(
- Is your apartment 1
bedroom or 2 bedroom? If 2 bedroom, are there other elders? 1 bed 1 bath and just me and elder J.
- What kinds of
retail/restaurants are close by? What kind of restaurant gift cards would
be useful to you? There is Panda
Express, Red Robin, Chick Fila, Chili’s & Subway. Those are what I can think of off the
top of my head.
- Do you have to walk to
the store on Pday? No, not usually
the sisters in our area have a car so they take us.
- What is your typical day
like? Are you getting used to the schedule?
We get up at 6:30 and shower, have breakfast and get ready for the
day. We start our studies at 8 and around 11 we have an hour break
for lunch. After lunch we start our day trying to find people and
visit potential investigators and less actives.
- How far is the library
from where you live? Is that where you email?
Yes, it is about 2-3 miles
- How are you and Elder J
getting along? Good, we finally
are getting acquainted with each other. We've determined we don't
have a lot in common but we are together for the next 3 months so I'm sure
will find something. He is awesome.
He really loves to sing, I think he was in choir in high school. I'm
not sure why we don't have a lot in common, our personalities are just
different, but that is ok we are still having fun and making the best of
it.
- Are you feeling better
from your cold? Meg has a cold now, bummer
:) Bummer about Meg and yes I
feel much better.
- Did you like the
pedometer I sent you? Does it work?
Yes and Yes. Saturday we went about 9 miles and that was our long
walk day to get to the top of our area.
- What things do you need (if
anything) that I can send? Nothing right now,
you stalked me up with that package
- Have you used the GPS? Is
it handy, easy to use? Haven’t used it
much, but yes it is handy and easy to use.
- How's the money
situation? How much do you get put on your church debit card each
month? Good, we get $135 a
month, but this month I have about $200 because of my luggage
reimbursement.
- How many wards do you
cover? I'm assuming the green outline on the map is the boundary that you
and Elder J are in charge of (or is that your district)? Just one ward. Yes, that green line
is just our area.
- Do you and Elder J have a
cell phone? Yes, we have a
cell phone and I'm the one in charge of it.
- I've been checking on the
weather for Camp Hill and it looks like you've had rain? Is that true? It
shows that last Thursday had about 1 inch. How are you doing in the rain? Yes, it
has rained a lot. Luckily Thursday I went on exchanges in Harrisburg
so I was in a car. But I will explain about it later.
But elder J and the other elder got soaked.
- Did you need your own sheets & pillow?
yes
- Did you get gma Karen's pan cookies? Did they
survive? Yes I got the cookies and they survived and they are great,
thank you gma!
Just random info about the week…
Things are kind of
crazy busy, last week was busy with exchanges and zone conference. I
loved getting the letters and all of the food. It was nice to hear from
you in letter form. That heat at home doesn’t sound fun. Glad to
hear Boris made it home, also I guess I’m glad the passport situation worked out
and he was able to get it back. Thanks for the weather forecast for Camp
Hill. I forgot to mention that I said the closing prayer in
sacrament mtg. yesterday. Also Saturday night we ate at a member of the
bishopric’s home, the F family. They are a great
family and really funny. They made me feel at right at home. He is
in the bishopric and she is stake relief society president. They have 3
girls, the oldest is at BYU and the other is in high school and I don’t know
much about the other. They fed us spaghetti. It was nice to
see some of the pictures you sent in your email. Can't wait
to hear more from you and get more letters.
So like I said earlier, I went on exchanges
Thursday to Harrisburg. I went with the zone leaders. I went with
one of them and the other came to Camp Hill with elder J. The zone leader
was nice, he was from Idaho. It was
pretty fun and I was glad I was in a car because it pretty much poured that day.
Harrisburg is about 5 or 10 min. away from Camp Hill. I was with a zone
leader and we had to go get a car for someone and take it to them Thursday
night. It was fun, I got to drive through Hershey and see Hershey Park
and the factory. That is only about 30 min away from Camp Hill.
Friday was zone conference and it was awesome. 3
zones all gathered in the Harrisburg chapel. President went over a little
more in detail about the new media things. It sounds like in the near
future that we will be getting iPads and
smartphones or something along those lines. So our area book will be all
electronic and we will hopefully have gps and maps and stuff. But that is
a few months down the road still, but I think it will happen while I am
out.
Well that is about it. Got to go, love you and miss you and keep
sending letters so I don’t have to wait a week to hear from you.
Love you miss you all
Love,
Elder Muir
xoxoxo
Sorry the email was late today, the sisters were
getting their haircut at 12:30 from a salon so we had to wait for them to drive
us. Speaking of hair, I'm eating at a member’s house tonight and she is
the one that cuts our hair and she does it for free.
No comments:
Post a Comment