D&C 31:3
Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Week 20...Transfer #4


  1. So give me the details of the transfer, what did you find out on Saturday?  Well...I'm getting transferred.  Obviously I won't know where I’m going to until tomorrow.  Another Elder in our district is getting transferred as well.  We have both been in our areas the longest so we are both beginning new chapters of our mission.  It’s definitely a bitter sweet moment, but I am excited to move onto new things. 
  2. How has your week been? What are the highs/lows? We had 5 lessons this week.  At two of them members were present.  Also, the BOM class has been cool lately.  In 1 Nephi it talks about the coming forth of the restoration and it talks about how there needs to be a free country before the gospel can be restored, I never really realized that before.  It is cool to see all of the things that the BOM foretells.  Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you on Pday last week the E’s family's mom (lady from Herriman) gave each companionship $20 when we were at their house.  We ended up going to Olive Garden and using the $20 there.  We went with the sisters and it was fun.  I forgot, another low was when we went to visit a nonmember lady.  She has a less active daughter in another ward in our district.  The nonmember mom, who I had met on exchanges previously, had a heart attack the other day and she is not doing so well.  She was hooked up to a ventilator and everything and I think the family was getting ready to pull it and let her go.  We were able to give her a blessing, but I haven’t heard anything since then.  It was very sad to see someone like that.  I can't imagine what it must have been like to see Derek like that when he was a baby and when he was little.  Also, I think I am starting to get a little cold.  It has been going around out here and through the ward, but I feel pretty good right now. I just have a little cough.  I took some Dayquil this morning.
  3. What are your 5 positive things?  I have memorized the Standard of Truth and also D&C 4.  We got another bike J.  I sang in the choir again yesterday, we sang Search, Ponder and Pray.  I gave the opening prayer in sacrament meeting.  Also I just finished Alma 26. 
  4. What kind of service were you walking to in the big rainstorm (patio area)?  We were going to work outside but then it was raining.  So we just helped paint some stuff. 
  5. How did the big rainstorm compare to the rain we had in Draper when we had to dig the trenches out front and by your bedroom (close to your bday)?  Let’s just say it was like that rainstorm for pretty much 3 days straight.  I’ve NEVER seen so much rain in my life. 
  6. How was the E family, did you enjoy their family?  Yes, they are awesome.  Unfortunately, I didn't really know them that well before Sunday.  But I really enjoyed the time I was able to spend with them. 
  7. Any new families you've met? How are the F family, T family & haircut lady?  No, not really any new families that I’ve met.  T family is doing awesome.  I had dinner with them one final time last night.  Unfortunately, I was not able to get a picture with them.  Things were kind of crazy because we had somewhere we had to get to and we were kind of running behind.  F family is also awesome.  I was not able  to really talk with them because I was with the bishop all afternoon.  We are eating with the haircut lady tonight so I will try and get a picture with them.  I am going to send my SD card once I get settled in after transfers.   
  8. How is the M family doing?  They are doing well.  Not much has changed with them.  We taught them on Saturday and talked about what they like about general conference and talked about following the prophet.  I did get a picture with them. 
  9. Any good news about Franky & Sally?  No, not really, still same old stuff.  We have an appointment with them for Wednesday and hopefully they don't flake out.  Sally told me that they will miss me.  Hopefully the seed has been planted and I can see it being good for them one day. 
  10. How is the guy in the hospital doing?  The same, just sitting in the hospital waiting for the antibiotics to work. 
  11. How is your investigator that you committed to baptism doing?  He is doing good, we were able to teach him 2 times this week.  We went over the intro to the BOM with him because he was very confused about all of it.  Hopefully he will be at church next week.  On Friday we went back and read a chapter in the BOM with him.  He is progressing, it is just slow. 
  12. What about S investigator (Little Ricky neighbor) ? Are you making any progress with her?  We met with her and had dinner with them Tuesday night (had really good beef stew).  We finished teaching the restoration with her after dinner.  She also is going to be slow but I think she is making progress.  I saw her last night, we didn't have a lesson or anything, I just said goodbye and she was sad that I was leaving.  I gave her my name and she said she would add me on FB. 
  13. Does the ward have anything fun planned for Halloween?  Not sure since I am going to a new area.  All I know is we are not allowed to be out after 6 pm unless we are with members. 
  14. Did you get my Halloween package Tuesday and my letter on Saturday (BYU update & Meg's letter)?  I got the Halloween stuff but not the BYU update. 
  15. Are people you approach generally nice? Have you had anyone be really rude to you...throw things, spit on you, or call you bad names?  Usually everyone is pretty nice.  I haven’t had anything thrown or spit on me yet.  As we walk people yell rude things at us out their car window, but I don't really care.  It just makes me laugh. 
  16. Are you happy and healthy?  Yes, but who knows I may get a car now and become a fatted calf (that’s for you Mel J). 
  17. Can we do anything for you or send anything?  In the box of winter stuff you should send me some Junior Mints.  I have been really craving those.  I bought some last week, but those were gone in a few days. 
  18. Can we pray for anyone/anything specific?  That all will go well with transfers. 
  19. Did you find another bike?   Yes, we finally got bikes.  Right as I am leaving, of course. 

PS…I am sending a package to you with the couple pairs of shoes and a few other things that are not worth carrying around with me.  Also, I am trying to make as much room possible to pack for the transfer.  I am planning on sending it today.  It is large flat rate box so I will just put it on my credit card.  Also, I am out of stamps so I am going to buy some more and that will probably be attached to the home card too. 

Also one of the sisters in the ward said Elder Oaks was at her parents’ stake conference in Florida.  She said that they focused on getting members to continue to do missionary work.  So my guess is that is what your upcoming stake conference will be on, but keep me posted if that’s not it.

The ward did super Saturday on Saturday.  I'm sure you are jealous and wish you could do it again. 

Well I think that is it for this week, I will keep you posted on transfers and write you later this week with details.  I miss you and love you. 

Elder Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment